my hypothalamic connections

When I feel so emotional, I would blame my hypothalamus for reinforcing such feelings - for sending to the right neurons to provoke certain emotions. If only I could control my hypothalamus from this feeling of strong emotions over this XX homo sapiens, I would...

The hypothalamus is responsible for regulating your hunger, thirst, response to pain, levels of pleasure, sexual satisfaction, anger and aggressive behavior, and more.  It also regulates the functioning of the autonomic nervous system, which in turn means it regulates things like pulse, blood pressure, breathing, and arousal in response to emotional circumstances. (reference: http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/limbicsystem.html)

So really, it is not from the bottom of my heart... but from my hypothalamus. The heart is just a mere muscle that voluntarily and involuntarily functions pretty well. The hypothalamus triggers every emotion and notion that we have, and it is only physically manifested each time we reach out to our cardiovascular part to feel it. So there.

I really wish... his hypothalamus would send him the same signal as mine. :) But, my left brain is telling me that it is getting tired, and that relying on my right brain or on my hypothalamus is just but pathetic.

Comments

Popular Posts