happiness at work

It was late last year when I started contemplating on leaving work. I had everything planned. It was in December when I finally decided that I will submit my resignation on the 31st of January. 

Came January 31,  I e-mailed my boss about my resignation but gave him the actual letter in person on the 3rd of February. There were personal issues that I thought I could not settle with my boss. Months passed by, and the final blow was when I felt like I was a puppet without any function to think but to follow what my superiors would say. And that made me decide to finalize my resignation asap.

Weeks after declaring it, a number of colleagues tried to converse with me. Asking why... it was until Tita Darling e-mailed me. It was her message that made me rethink of my resignation. A week after receiving that e-mail, I had daily conversations with the people who made an impression and impact on me. And I get to talk to my boss again. It was going through a full circle.

A needed process which somehow made me rethink of my career. It was a turning point in my life - a needed distortion to iron out what I have been wanting to do with my career in this organization. A distortion to organize my chaotic self - my disaligned brain and heart.

And for the next few weeks, I have to face again the question of staying or not in this office... but the answers have clearly been laid out in front of my very eyes... and in my heart and in my mind, i know already the answers.

Comments

Popular Posts