Trekking @ Siquijor #itsmorefuninthephilippines

I got to visit Siquijor last weekend. I spent two and a half days exploring some of its municipalities.
Two and a half-days are not enough to learn and discover Siquijor. :)

Just a snapshot on how I started my Siquijor adventure - from planning to the actual exploration itself. I was surfing online about what to do in Siquijor, I have learned from friends of places to visit. But I did not want my experience to be a so-so experience. I wanted to enjoy Siquijor - learn a little about the place and just plainly experience it.

As I was surfing online, I came across this website from travellers: http://siquijorhikers.com/. The details written in the website made me curious. The site offers something I love. It's something I want to experience.
So, after getting the contact details: biosiquijor@yahoo.com, 0063-9269627166. I immediately e-mailed and texted them.

A guy named Joel answered both my e-mail and text queries. I got to talk to him. He sounded sincere. And from that moment, I trusted my instinct, and planned my adventure. It took me a week before I replied decently to Joel on the kind of adventure I wanted.

I told him the things I wanted to see and the stuff I wanted to do. Well, atleast to give him an idea of what I wanted. Then a week before my trip I finally made up my mind. I told him I would take the bike ride instead of a pure hiking since I was (and still am) having an ankle problem.

So, basically, the things I wanted to do have been set. My only problem then was where to stay. I did not know of how Siquijor looks like so I surfed online again and found the rates of North Haven Lodge in Larena, Siquijor - the rate fits my budgetary limitation. :) Hehe!

So, last friday (January 27), I began my Siquijor journey. I met Joel. He is a pure-blood Siquijor local. His love for his island made my adventure quite unforgettable. He brought me to places where most of the tourists don't get to see. Since he is a true-blooded mountain-hiker-caver, he also brought me to places where he usually brings his guests for camping. You will get to find him in this album.

Joel and Patricia maintain the Siquijorhikers.com website. Patricia is Joel's girlfriend who is also fond of hiking and camping out.

The photos in this album were taken on my 2nd day. We climbed the hills of Balolong and Balolang both can be found in Larena. Then after climbing Bandilaan, we went to the hills of Po-o.

There are a lot of things that can be done in Siquijor. Two and a half days are not enough. I will be coming back for more. :)

Comments

Popular Posts