a year after


Last year's election has been one of the most memorable events in my lifetime. Some friendships are no longer the same. Some friends became closer.

It was one of the most divisive experiences ever. Even the post election thing, people would still troll on each other on their social media.

In my case, some of the outcomes of the political differences I have with friends were friendship on the verge of FO (friendship over), tagging me on their wall - where their other friends would add me up or bash me, and some would harass me on my own wall. But, I am also thankful for friends who have defended me on my own wall. They even protected me from the bullies who are gutsy enough to even curse me on my wall.

At the moment, I am thankful for facebook's memories reminder. I get to repost some of my posts where friends made intense comments on my wall. It some how reflects the kind of beings they are.

So, last year, I voted for someone who is not as popular as Digong. And since, I grew up in Mindanao, friends expect me to support someone like Digong, who is not totally aligned with the values I am embracing. So, I have to brace for 5 years more of Digong.

I love Davao. I love the fact that I felt safe growing up there. My childhood in Davao is something that I wanted my earthlings to experience, BUT, I don't agree with the existence of DDS. My Davao friends know about DDS and yet they keep on defending Digong, which is skewed to what they seem to project on their social media. 

I will blame my friends for making Marcos a negotiable thing because of Digong. I will blame the 16M for encouraging the culture of impunity in this country. I will blame those friends who claimed to be for empowerment when Digong is full of misogynic sh!t. 

From disenting pinoy to dissenting pilipino ako. 

Comments

Popular Posts